plumrose



Friday 25 May 2012

Graduation hat cards

This summer brings a graduation day for my oldest son.And it's times like these when I'm kinda glad I have a son and not a girl....it's waaay cheaper on the budget lol.

Recently tried a diamond fold card and discovered it looked, or could look, like a nice
graduation hat.
Here's a tut from youtube, altho there are shorter videos.... here
Very simple to make, altho I had to make my own tassels out of embroidery thread. I did steel one from a book mark, but it was red and wanted it to be black. So I dragged it thru my archival black ink pad. Not too messy a process as I used an acrylic block to push the tassel into the ink. Then I set it outside for it to dry. But the rest of them I did make from embroidery thread, of various colors and left them their original color.















 
I also had to make my own envelopes. I just used a 4 X 11 piece of card stock. Scored it for a nice crisp fold, and then some scoring just to make a simple design along to 2 edges. I opted not to glue the sides together.

Challenge: Simon Says - Summer

4 comments:

  1. These graduation cards are adorable Laura, and look very impressive. Love the background on your blog. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your project with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, it looks fabulous, the graduation cards are fabulous. Thank you for sharing, hugs terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your graduation cap cards are really cute! Great design and finished product!! What a great card for this time of year. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Laura :-)

    thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp DT call and Good Luck :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete